The University of Hawaii scholarship in USA aims to provide financial aid to worthy international students enrolled in or interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. For qualified international undergraduate students, the University of Hawaii scholarship in USA program typically offers financial aid to help with living expenses or tuition.
University of Hawaii scholarship in USA Summary
|University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
|Incoming or continuing
|Up to 4 years
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
In Mānoa, the University of Hawaii is known as the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, or UH for short. A public land-grant research institution, Mānoa, Hawaiʻi, or just UH, is situated in Mānoa, a neighborhood of Honolulu, Hawaii. More than 200 degree programs are offered by UH across its 17 colleges and schools. The WASC Senior College and University Commission has accredited the institution, which is governed by the Hawaii State Legislature and a somewhat independent board of regents. It is a member of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
Benefits of International Undergraduate Student Scholarship
Benefits of the University of Hawaii scholarship in USA include the following:
- $10,000 (each semester, fall and spring) for the academic year ($5,000 for each semester), renewable based on ongoing eligibility
- only for UH Monroe’s tuition and fees
- Not applicable to UHM Extension courses or classes taken at other UH campuses.
- Not to be combined with the Admissions Office’s Mānoa International Excellence Scholarship (MIES) or the International Merit Award Scholarship (IMAS).
The requirements for the International Undergraduate Student Scholarship at the University of Hawaii scholarship in USA are as follows:
- accessible to all F-1 or J-1 visa holders who are incoming or current undergraduate students at UH Manoa.
- To be admitted to UHM, freshmen and new transfers must apply.
- Non-degree students (such as exchange students from other universities) and applicants seeking a second bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
- If you currently receive the International Merit Award (IMAS) or the Mānoa International Excellence Scholarship (MIES), you are not eligible to apply for the IUSS.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA as a minimum.
University of Hawaii scholarship in USA For continuing students February 15 is the deadline to apply for the International Undergraduate Student Scholarship; the date will be specified in the current application. The incoming students have to apply for admission at UH Mānoa before April 1, 2024.
There is no application needed for new students. Students’ applications for admission are automatically reviewed. Students who submit their admissions applications early will be given priority. To be eligible for the International Undergraduate Student Scholarship, you have to apply for UH Mānoa for admission; you’ll be immediately considered for the IUSS. If you submit your application by the admission deadline, it will be given preference over others.
If you are enrolled at UH Mānoa already, you are regarded as a continuing student even if it is your first time. Complete the ISS application online. To use the application, you need to have a UH email address. You will see an error notice and cannot access the application if you are presently connected to a personal Gmail account. If so, go to the URL again and log out of your personal Gmail account. You should then be able to connect to your UH account. The winners of the awards will be notified by April 1st or later.
For more details about the University of Hawaii scholarship in USA, visit Here.