In Hanoi, Vietnam, there is a nonprofit, private university called VinUni. VinUni was founded by Vingroup, a private company, with the Vietnamese Prime Minister’s approval in March 2018. Situated in the center of Vietnam, a nation engulfed in the colorful terrain of Southeast Asia, VinUniversity was founded by Vingroup, the biggest private conglomerate in Vietnam. Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania, two esteemed Ivy League universities, are partners of VinUniversity Scholarships.
This partnership is evidence of our unwavering dedication to fostering excellence, setting the standard for innovative research and instructional strategies, and bringing about constructive change on a global scale.
Tucked away in the vibrant atmosphere of Vietnam, VinUniversity is home to a multicultural community of teachers and students from 27 different nations, actively promoting inclusivity and appreciating the diversity of cultures.
To cultivate potential into young professionals and leaders, especially in the burgeoning industries of technology, healthcare, and services, VinUniversity is currently accepting applications for four colleges offering the following degree programs for the 2024–2025 academic year:
List of Degree Programs offered at VinUniversity
College of Business and Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration with 6 majors (Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurship, Finance, Hospitality Leadership, Marketing
- Operations & Supply Management).
College of Engineering & Computer Science:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science
College of Health Sciences
- Medical Doctor
- Bachelor of Nursing
College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
At VinUniversity, our students have opportunities to engage in academic research with distinguished professors worldwide and get hands-on practice with reputable national and international corporations.
If you are looking for a university with international standards right in Vietnam, where you can maximize your potential to pursue your dreams and meet and learn from knowledgeable lecturers and peers
VinUniversity offers financial aid and Scholarships
At VinUniversity, there is a strong conviction that a gifted student should not be prevented from receiving the best education possible because of their financial situation. Vingroup’s steadfast and sustained commitment to establishing a new benchmark for superior postsecondary education means that every VinUniversity student enrolled in the first five intakes will be eligible for various financial aid or scholarship programs.
VinUniversity Scholarships Merit-based
Cover 50% – 100% of the tuition fee for students’ entire degree program at VinUniversity. Students with exceptional talent will be granted full scholarships covering 100% of the tuition fee plus ~US$1,500 for living expenses.
VinUniversity Financial Aid
Covers from 50% to 100% of students’ tuition fees for their entire degree program.
35% tuition subsidy from Vingroup
For the academic year 2024-2025, all admitted students will receive a 35% tuition fee subsidy from Vingroup. This does not apply to students who have received merit-based Scholarships and Financial Aid.
AND OTHER additional support from VinUniversity and partner organizations for specific applicants. All students are eligible for MORE THAN 01 type of scholarship and support.
30 scholarships from the New Horizon Scholarship Fund are available for the first 30 outstanding candidates admitted, each worth 50 million VND (directly deducted from the first semester’s tuition fee).
Special gifts (products & services) from the Vingroup ecosystem are available for all candidates.
2024-2025 Academic Year Admission
- Early Round: from October 15, 2023, to January 15, 2024
- Regular Round: from February 15 to May 15, 2024
- Rolling Round: from June 15 to August 15, 2024.
VinUniversity will screen applications and conduct evaluations every month (on the 15th of each month) instead of waiting until the end of each admission round.
Note: APPLY EARLY FOR A HIGHER CHANCE TO SECURE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP
- 1-on-1 support throughout the application and admission process.
- REGISTER FOR APPLICATION ASSISTANCE: here
How to Apply for VinUniversity Scholarships
Find out how to apply to VinUniversity here
VinUniversity Scholarships evaluates applications holistically to comprehend applicants as “whole persons.” Every application goes through pre-screening, two rounds of review, and a comprehensive evaluation by VinUni faculty and subject matter experts.
- Pre-screening: Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements—such as grade level, noticeably low GPA or academic record, incomplete or carelessly written applications—will only be eliminated.
- Round 1 of the shortlist: online application review. Every application is reviewed by admissions specialists and faculty members. There will be a shortlist of candidates invited to Round 2.
- Interview Round 2: Personal Evaluation. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to interviews by VinUni for additional evaluation. Should COVID-19-related precautions continue, an interactive tool will be used to conduct the assessment remotely. In addition to a scenario-based challenge and in-person interview with faculty, there will be additional activities designed to help both of us get to know you better and you get to know us better.
The overall performance and assessment of each candidate, as well as their fit with VinUniversity, the College, and the program, will be reviewed by faculty from each College and Program. They might suggest that the candidate enrolls in another program if it seems like the candidate would benefit more from it.
Candidates will be offered admission to a program based on the number of spots available in each program and the faculty-established thresholds.
- Applicants must reply to offers of merit-based scholarships within the time frame specified in their offer letter, either by declining or accepting the offer.
The candidates will receive comprehensive instructions about the academic year and next steps, including important dates and events and how to get ready for their first year at VinUni, once they have accepted the offer and paid the registration fee.
- Students must provide notarized documentation at the time of registration to verify their identity, GPAs, residency or foreign status, and other details that are required to ensure they have fulfilled the prerequisites for admission to VinUni and the MOET requirements for attending a Vietnamese university.
VinUniversity Scholarships official website below