There is good news for international students looking for a scholarship in Finland. Applications for the Finland Government Scholarships are now being accepted. Universities in Finland provide a variety of scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs. The Ministry of Education and Culture provides funding for the Finland Government Scholarships.
International students worldwide have access to scholarships at all universities and colleges of applied sciences. Any non-EU/EEA students are welcome to apply. Finland is one of Europe’s fastest-growing international hubs, home to some of the best universities in the world and offering graduates a wide choice of creative and intriguing career options.
Finland’s top-ranked higher education system provides 500 English-taught study programs in 13 universities for bachelor’s and master’s degrees and 22 universities of applied science (UAS). Additionally, PhD programs taught in English are available. Finland’s higher education institutions are home to more than 20,000 overseas students.
Finland Government Scholarships Summary
|Institute||Universities and universities of applied sciences (UAS)|
|Degree Level||Bachelor, Master & PhD degree|
The Scholarship call is open for the January 2024 intake.
Available study programs
- Health and welfare
- Natural sciences
- Mathematics, Statistics
- Business, Administration
- Forestry, fisheries, and veterinary
- Services (Military Science, sport science)
- Engineering, manufacturing, and construction
- Social sciences, journalism, and information
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTS)
List of Participating Universities
Two types of higher education institutions: universities and universities of applied sciences (UAS) offer scholarships.
There are 13 universities and 22 universities of applied sciences in Finland.
- Aalto University
- University of Helsinki
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Jyväskylä
- University of Lapland
- LUT University
- University of Oulu
- Hanken School of Economics
- University of the Arts Helsinki
- Tampere University
- University of Turku
- University of Vaasa
- Åbo Akademi University
The following paragraphs outline the financial advantages of the Finland Government Scholarships.
- The scholarship will pay for the first year’s tuition and a minimum 5,000 euro relocation grant.
- The universities in Finland offer scholarships that waive all or a portion of the tuition fees, as well as awards that include both.
- There are never any fees associated with the application process.
- Important Reminder
There is no need to submit a separate application for the Government of Finland Scholarship. Your application for a scholarship will be automatically considered.
The application deadline for the Finland Government Scholarships is Ongoing. Applicants should check the deadline on the official website before applying for the scholarship.
How to Apply
The process of application is online for the Government of Finland Scholarships for the academic year of 2023-2024.
- To find the right option, visit the national application portal database at Studyinfo.fi.
- Check the admission requirements.
- After that, apply for the selected program and scholarship.
- After application wait for their response.
- Contact the admissions office of the university you are applying to if you need assistance with your application. On Studyinfo.fi or the individual admissions information pages of the universities, you can discover their contact information.