Excellent applicants to the University of Twente Scholarships graduate program (MSc) from EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA nations are eligible for University Twente Scholarships (UTS).
University of Twente Scholarships summary
|Host Institution(s)||University of Twente,|
|Target group||International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries (see the official website for complete list|
|Number of Scholarships||Approximately 50|
|Course starts||Sept 2024|
|Deadline||1 Feb/1 May 2024 (annual)|
Field(s) of study
qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University of Twente Scholarships:
- · Applied Mathematics
- · Applied Physics
- · Biomedical Engineering
- · Business Administration
- · Business Information Technology
- · Chemical Sciences and Engineering
- · Civil Engineering and Management
- · Communication Science
- · Computer Science
- · Construction Management and Engineering
- · Educational Science and Technology
- · Electrical Engineering
- · Embedded Systems
- · Environmental and Energy Management
- · European Studies
- · Health Sciences
- · Industrial Design Engineering
- · Industrial Engineering and Management
- · Interaction Technology
- · Mechanical Engineering
- · Nanotechnology
- · Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- · Psychology
- · Robotics
- · Public Administration
- · Sustainable Energy Technology
The scholarship value ranges from € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year. In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year when they meet the process requirements for the UTS.
To be eligible for a University of Twente Scholarships, applicants need to meet each of the conditions listed below:
- Applying for a UT scholarship is different from applying to the University of Twente Scholarships for course admission. Funding notwithstanding, you must first obtain an admission letter.
- As of September of the academic year 2024/2025, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programs. Please be aware that you might not receive the results for up to eight weeks after completing your application.
- A student number is a necessity.
- You did not complete a graduate program at UT;
- You meet the requirements (if any) for getting a visa to enter the Netherlands;
- You meet the requirements of the general English language test. Academic IELTS 6.5 (or a TOEFL iBT of 90) plus an extra 6.0 (or a TOEFL iBT of 20) on the speaking skills subscore
- You are not qualified for a loan for Dutch education;
- Outstanding students are eligible to apply for the University Twente Scholarship. This usually indicates that you are in your class’s top 5–10%.
Submissions begin on October 15, 2023.
Applying for a Master’s program is a prerequisite. Upon applying for a Master’s program and obtaining a conditional admission letter, you can use your student number to apply for the scholarship. Applications for Round 1 must be submitted by October 15, 2023, and those for Round 2 must be submitted by February 1, 2024, and May 1, 2024, respectively.
It is crucial to start the application process and get comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship by visiting the official website (link provided below).