To honor its dedication to its community of foreign students, the Victoria University of Wellington is offering the Tongarewa Scholarship. Those who are beginning their first year of undergraduate at Victoria University of Wellington or beginning a postgraduate degree course are eligible applicants. Recipients are required to represent the Tongarewa Scholarship Victoria University of Wellington as ambassadors and participate in promotional activities or events if asked.
Academic achievement is a criterion for scholarship selection. They apply to enroll in classes the following year and their tuition costs will be credited. Candidates who make the shortlist might be asked for more data to back up their applications. As long as a housing application is submitted by the deadline to University Accommodation Wellington, grant recipients have assured an offer of a spot in one of our Halls of Residence.
|Host Institution||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Level/Field(s) of study||Bachelors degrees, Masters by Research degrees, or Master by Coursework degrees in any subject|
|Number of Scholarships||Up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 for Bachelors’s and Masters’s degrees and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 for Masters’s degrees only.|
|Eligibility||International students from all over the world|
|Deadline||1 June/1 Sep/30 Nov 2023|
Tongarewa Scholarship value
The grants are worth between $5,000 and NZD 10,000. This partial fee-based grant will help with your tuition costs for one academic year.
If a housing application is submitted to the Accommodation Service by the specified date, recipients of the Tongarewa Scholarship will receive a guarantee of an offer of a spot in the Halls of Residence.
For consideration, candidates must be beginning foreign students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs who are paying the entire cost of tuition abroad.
Applications must have been accepted by the Victoria University of Wellington. (conditional or unconditional).
Tongarewa Scholarship Application instructions:
Before the deadline, you must send a finished online application to apply. The dates for scholarship applications are 1 June 2023 for Semester 2 (2023), 1 September 2023 for Semester 3 (2023), and 30 November 2023 for Semester 4. (Trimester 1, 2024). Typically, applications will be available one month before the deadline.
Regulations and conditions
- On the application deadline, a finished online application must be filed by 4:30 p.m. Applications that are submitted late or in part won’t be approved. The registration must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date along with any necessary supporting materials (including references).
- All Scholarship offers are subject to the Recipient’s full-time enrollment in a full-year program (defined as the number of points deemed full-time by Studylink) during the Scholarship’s allotted period. The Scholarship won’t be paid out until this requirement has been satisfied.
- A subsequent year cannot be chosen for the Scholarship.
- The Scholarship might be given out in addition to other prizes
- Partially repaying the scholarship is typically anticipated if Tongarewa Scholarship does not make satisfactory progress during the duration of the award. The Scholarships Office must be notified in advance if a recipient plans to resign.
- Recipients are required to represent the Victoria University of Wellington as ambassadors and participate in promotional activities or events if asked.
The application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be altered at the Deciding Authority’s discretion in exceptional cases or to prevent difficulty for any Scholarship applicant.
For comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this grant, it is crucial to visit the official website (link provided below).
For more scholarships