Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students who obtained their university admission qualification from a school outside of Germany and desire to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in Germany may be eligible for scholarships from the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
Heinrich Boll Scholarships
|Host Institution(s)||State or state-recognized Universities in Germany|
|Number of Scholarships||Not specified|
|Target group||The scholarship program allots scholarships to international students, both EU and non-EU, who are not educated in Germany.|
|Deadline||1 Mar/1 Sep|
Value Heinrich Boll Scholarships
- Non-EU students enrolled in master’s programs receive a monthly stipend of €934 plus various individual allowances, maybe including health insurance; in some circumstances, Heinrich Boll Scholarships Germany may charge tuition fees.
- EU students: vary, up to €812 plus €300 for books per month; while tuition fees are not conceivable in Germany, they are somewhat possible in other nations.
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships may be extended by one semester and is given for regular study time.
- doctoral studies
Non-EU students receive a monthly stipend of €1,200 plus a monthly mobility allowance of €100 as well as several other specific allowances; tuition is not charged.
- EU students receive a baseline scholarship of €1350 per month plus a €100 per month research costs allowance; Germany does not allow tuition fees, however, some other nations do.
- The grant is given for three years as A guideline (two years, with a maximum 12-month extension)
Students from abroad pursuing a master’s degree who obtained their university admissions qualification outside of Germany
- You may submit an application before starting your master’s program or at any time up until the conclusion of the first semester of the program.
- First professional qualification documentation is required.
- Level B2 or DSH 2 (with a certificate) is required as proof of German proficiency.
international Ph.D. candidates who obtained their university admissions qualification outside of Germany:
- The application must be accompanied by documentation proving acceptance into Ph.D. studies at a state- or state-recognized university, as is customary in Germany.
- The preparatory work must be finished by the application deadline, and a legitimate completion schedule must be provided.
- Priority will be given to Ph.D. candidates in fields that are vital to the operations of the Foundation.
- Required evidence of level B2 or DSH 2 proficiency in German (with certificate)
Please refer to information sheet A 2-1 (“Scholarship Application for Doctoral Studies”) or A 1-1 (“Scholarship Application for Undergraduate and Graduate Students”, PDF) for specifics on the application requirements and procedures. The deadline for submitting an online application is either March 1 or September 1 (only for PhD studies).
The official website (link provided below) should be consulted for information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Looking for some other Scholarship: