Continue your education in Canada. Happy news! Scholarships at the University of Waterloo are currently available. To aid Canadian and international students, the University of Waterloo is awarding highly deserving candidates with the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards.
The University of Waterloo Scholarships Students from all over the world who wish to enroll in any undergraduate or graduate degree program offered by the Waterloo Faculty may do so through this full-time program.
Based on the number of awards allocated to the Faculty, faculties will recommend qualified students. Students will be chosen based on their applications for admission to the graduate program’s entrance requirements, which must exhibit academic distinction.
|University of Waterloo
|Undergraduate Master’s and Ph.D. degree
|Depends on the selected program.
|For Undergraduate: April 15, July 15, November 15
For Masters and Ph.D.: Click here to view the program-specific deadline.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Waterloo Scholarships
The following requirements must be satisfied by applicants to be eligible for the University of Waterloo Scholarships:
- English is a required language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- Candidates for these scholarships must be in high academic standing (often a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level and a minimum 75% average at the graduate level).
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to take part in an international experience in Israel, such as a volunteer placement, an academic exchange, a study term related to academic requirements, or a minimally-paid or unpaid international co-op work placement.
- International students that are enrolled full-time and pay international tuition rates and have a current Canadian study permit.
- Students in research-based programs are typically required to write theses.
This scholarship will typically only be offered to students beginning their program’s first term. (term 1.0).
Students must meet the Faculty’s set of standards for academic excellence.
- There must be no unmet probationary admission conditions, and students must meet the program’s standards for academic progress.
- Additionally, to other internal or external scholarships, this grant may be given. (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Observe that scholarships differ from sponsorships; refer to the following bullet.
- Normal rules dictate that students shouldn’t simultaneously be getting funding from foreign governments or agencies (such as the China Scholarship Council or the Libyan government), nor should they be fully or partially self-supporting above the minimum levels required by the faculty.
- Grandparented students under the current IMSA program are not eligible to be nominated for an IMAE, however, students who have already received an IMSA are the University of Waterloo Scholarships.
- Based on their admissions application, students will automatically be considered for this prize. The internal procedures through which departments and/or faculties choose recipients based on eligibility requirements and allocation are defined by them.
- As necessary, faculties may set stricter eligibility requirements.
The benefits of receiving a University of Waterloo scholarship include the following:
- For a one-term study experience, the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation will grant awards worth up to $2,500; for a one-term work or volunteer experience, the awards will be valued between $2,500 and $5,000; and for a two-term work or volunteer experience, the awards will be worth up to $10,000.
- For a maximum of six terms, the International Master’s Award of Excellence is worth $2,500 every term.
How to University of Waterloo Scholarships?
To apply for an International Experience Award from the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation, please complete the procedures below:
- Admission to the university’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs is required of all applicants. Candidates who have been admitted can access the application on their forms pages.
- In addition to the application form, applicants must include a personal statement. The University of Waterloo Scholarships To meet the minimal requirements for admission, all applicants must submit documentation of their English language proficiency.
Looking for some other Scholarship: