There is some startling news for international students who want to pursue higher education abroad. Applications for the New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships 2024 are now being accepted. The New Zealand government is providing funding for the scholarship. Are New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships available for studies toward undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees? International applicants are welcome to submit scholarship applications from the areas listed below.
If your country is listed as eligible, you should apply; if not, short-term training scholarships are available for Southeast Asia and Pacific citizens, as well as Timor-Leste and English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO).
Because of COVID-19 updates, some countries (Commonwealth Countries) are not eligible to apply for the New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships.
New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships Summary
|Scholarship Country||New Zealand|
|Sponsored||Government of New Zealand|
|Degree Level||Undergraduate, Masters, PhD degree|
|Scholarship Award||Fully Funded|
- For Undergraduate Degree: 3-4 years
- For Master’s Degree: 1-2 years
- For Ph.D. degree: 3.5 years
- Postgraduate Certificate: 6 months
- Postgraduate Diploma: 1 year
Available Study fields
Food Security and Agriculture
- Agricultural science
- Supply chain management
Law and Justice
- Criminal justice
- Human rights
Climate Change and the Environment
- Water management
- Natural resource management
- Environmental science
- Civil engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
Disaster Risk Management
- Emergency management
- Disaster management
- Education policy and planning
- Curriculum and assessment
- Research and evaluation
- Quality assurance
- Education leadership
- Specialist teaching (Information technology, mathematics, and science)
- Education for learners with special needs
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Educational leadership: Teaching education and teacher training
- Nurse educators
- Mental health
- Specialized Health Profession (e.g. Gynaecologist, Mental health, Paediatrics, Emergency medicine, Radiologist). Postgraduate degree level only
Economic Resilience and Private Sector Tourism
- Aviation engineering
- Air Traffic Control
- Tourism management
- Government services: Public sector administration, Public policy, procurement, Public financial management, and management.
- Cover the Full Tuition fee waivers
- Monthly Stipend
- Airfare tickets
- Healthcare Coverage
- Research and Thesis Allowance
- Provides additional Allowances for Startups in New Zealand
In order to be qualified for the New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility requirements listed below.
- International students may apply for scholarships provided they are from one of the following regions: Asia, the Pacific, Africa, the Caribbean, or Latin America.
- Students wishing to apply for a scholarship must be at least eighteen.
- If students are chosen for the scholarship, they must apply for a visa.
- After graduation, students must consent to do community development service back home.
- Students must fulfill the COVID-19 criteria for the New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships in order to apply for the scholarship.
- Unless you request an exemption and present concrete proof of it, proof of English language proficiency is necessary.
- ID Card
- Previous Degree Certificate, Transcripts
- IELTS/TOEFL (Not More than 18 months)
- Other Supporting Documents
List of Eligible Countries
Only the citizens of eligible countries are able to apply for the New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships. The New Zealand government does not award academic scholarships to you if your country is not on the eligible list.
- Scholarships to study in New Zealand: Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji (postgraduate only), Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Vanuatu
- Scholarships to study at a Pacific university: Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Niue, Samoa, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam
- Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Eswatini, Egypt, Ethiopia, Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Djibouti, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Grenada, Guyana, Belize, St Lucia, St Vincent, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, and the Grenadines, Suriname.
Latin American Countries
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela
- We regret to inform you that no tertiary scholarships are available for the Commonwealth for the selection of the 2023 round as a result of COVID-19.
- The Selections round for Tertiary Scholarships 2023 is now closed.
- The application portal for the “Samoa Foundations” Scholarship 2023 will be open in August 2023 for study in 2024.
How to Apply
The application process is online for the New Zealand Manaaki Scholarships 2024. Depending on the nation or region you are from, the application process for scholarships varies. To apply for the scholarship, must visit the respective application portal of your region on the official website