WHAT IS POWER BI (BASIC OVERVIEW)
With the help of the Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tool Power BI, you can create dynamic dashboards and analysis reports using data from numerous sources. With Power BI, customers can easily generate their own reports and dashboards using a cloud-based service for interactive visualizations.
Power BI versions like as Desktop, Service-based (SaaS), and mobile Power BI programs are utilized for many platforms. It offers a variety of software connectors and business intelligence services.
In this Power BI course, you will study all of the key ideas of Power BI and gain a solid understanding of how to use the Power BI tool.
Overview of POWER BI TOOLS
Now, in this Power BI desktop tutorial, we’ll look at different sorts of Power BI tools.
Some Important Power BI tools are:
Power BI Desktop
Power BI desktop is Power BI’s primary authoring and publishing tool. Developers and power users utilize it to build entirely new models and reports. This tool is free and everyone can use it.
Power BI Gateway
Power BI Data Gateway serves as a connection point between the Power BI Service and on-premise data sources such as Direct Query, Import, and Live Query. It is set up by Bl Admin.
Power BI Report Service
It is capable of hosting paginated reports, KPIs, mobile reports, and Power Bl Desktop reports. Power bi report is an on Premises service or server web portal which is used to develop power bi reports for business growth and for taking critical decision.
Power BI Mobile Service
There is a Power BI mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. Microsoft Intune can be used to control it. The Power BL Service Report Server’s reports and dashboards can be seen using this tool.
POWER BI HISTORY
- Ruler and Dhers Netz of the Microsoft SQL server coverage services team came up with the idea for Power BI.
- It was created in the year 2010 and given the name Project Crescent by West Chadic George.
- It came along with SQL Server Codenamed Mount McKinley in 2011.
- In September 2014, Microsoft presented the first Power BI preview.
- On July 24, 2015, Power BI’s initial version was made available. It was built using add-ins for Excel called Power Query, Pivot, View, and Many further queires on power bi can be resolve using the following link power bi and business intelligence
Check out our other blogs that might help you :